Manager Power Marketing
Tidal Energy Marketing Inc. has a rewarding opportunity in Calgary for a (Sr.) Manager, Power Marketing. Reporting to the President, Tidal Energy Marketing, this position will be responsible for the commercial optimization, risk management and energy marketing strategies needed to preserve and enhance the value of Enbridge's existing and prospective power generation and transmission assets, in Alberta, ERCOT, and the Eastern Interconnect (IESO, MISO, PJM, NY, ISO-NE). The (Sr.) Manager will also work collaboratively with internal and external parties to develop the strategy and components of a broader power marketing business.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive power marketing business strategy that aligns with Tidal's mandate, focused in the following regions in Alberta, ERCOT, and the Eastern Interconnect. Includes oversight of in-house systems, processes and controls (Operations, Contracts, Legal, Credit, Accounting, Regulatory etc.) and resource requirements required to operate the business.
- Lead the identification, development and marketing of commercial arrangements and structured products associated with Enbridge's existing power generation, transmission assets and power load exposures that deliver the value add targets assigned for each asset.
- Support the identification, evaluation, development and negotiation of commercial initiatives and due diligence activities for Enbridge's existing and new business development opportunities in power generation and transmission, including the preparation of informational and approval based memoranda for senior management and other internal and external stakeholders. Make recommendations based on strategic, commercial, risks and other applicable evaluation/assessment criteria.
- Independently develop and manage Tidal's relationships with external counterparties and stakeholders, work in consultation with internal stakeholders; and assist with the management of customer and counterparty needs associated with Enbridge's wholly-owned and joint venture owned assets.
- Evaluate industry trends and macroeconomic data; financial and business parameters; and strategic alignment for investment opportunities and commercial structures.
- Support the growth of Tidal's natural gas marketing business through gas supply, balancing and other structured deals to third party natural gas fired power generators.
- Coach and mentor team members to improve effectiveness and enhance the delivery of individual objectives and strategic priorities.
- Be an ambassador for the Tidal and Enbridge brand internally and externally, foster a culture of customer focus, innovation, continuous improvement, leadership and teamwork.
- University degree in engineering, sciences or business, preferably complemented by a CFA or an MBA.
- At minimum, 10 years of progressive experience in the power marketing industry with demonstrated knowledge of market regulations and legislation across North America, with specific experience in Alberta, ERCOT and/or the Eastern Interconnect.
- Deep understanding of North American power markets and regions where Enbridge's generation and transmission assets are located.
- Extensive experience with the development and deployment of commercial strategies that among other things, rely upon and/or interface with contracts, scheduling, asset evaluation and optimization, risk management, deal structuring, settlement and other internal systems and processes.
- Ability to work independently on dynamic and multi-disciplinary workload. Make sound decisions, build consensus and make recommendations to Senior Management.
- Established and effective people leader and team player with strong analytical skills.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to develop effective internal and external working relationships.
- Highly motivated and energetic self-starter possessing strong commercial and customer focus, while developing and delivering longer-term strategic plan.
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https://careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Apllicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.